1. Each person chooses to be present, open hearted, kind, compassionate and loving above all else. Each would rather be loving than be right, be loving than win, be loving than have the last word. Each respects the other and their opinions and personal path.
2. Each person supports the growth and healing of the other and they empower one another.
3. Each person does not take what the other says personally.
4. Each person chooses to accept and cherish the other.
5. Each person accepts and is comfortable with his/her own feelings and the feelings of the other.
6. Each person communicates with love, consideration and respect (making kind, loving requests of the other).
7. Each person asks for forgiveness when they have been hurtful. Each is forgiving.
8. Each is committed to do the repair work necessary when the relationship reaches a place of disharmony.
9. Each is willing to place the other first, think of the other first and is of service to the other.
10. Each person is on a spiritual journey and chooses to create a spiritual relationship.
11. Each person is willing to share with the other from a deep, vulnerable place. The other listens with love, compassion, non-judgment and generosity.
12. They are best friends, lovers and partners. They have fun and do not take life seriously. They support each other when life is difficult and celebrate each other and the rewards life brings.